What Makes Us Green?
In addition to keeping cell phones out of landfills, CWG is the quintessential green company by virtue of our office policies as well.
On a daily basis, we also:
- Use only non-toxic cleaning supplies
- Grow plants to absorb indoor air pollution
- Maintain employee manuals, HR policies, procedures, etc., online rather than in print
- Recycle everything (paper, magazines, envelopes, paper cups, printer cartridges, light bulbs, etc.)
- Provide filtered water and encourage employees to provide their own reusable drinking glass
- Actively remove CWG from junk-mail lists
- Print smarter (chlorine-free, recycled paper; print on both sides; recycle printer cartridges)
- Invest in energy-saving computers, printers and monitors
- Buy ENERGY STAR-rated light bulbs and fixtures
- Invest in office furniture, carpeting and paint that are free of volatile organic chemicals (VOCs)
- Keep IT department green by using centralized filing systems, GREENPRINT software (eliminates blank pages during printing) and email signatures on docs (rather than printed signatures)
- Post green reminders throughout the office
- Turn off lights when you leave a room
- Reuse your water bottle
- Can you recycle that?
- Promote carpooling, public transportation or cycling to work
- Offer bike racks, discounts on bus passes, gas credits for regular carpooling, etc.